A financial report that public corporations must provide to shareholders to describe their operations and financial conditions. It typically includes balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and so on. So, a financial report should answer certain basic financial questions:
- Is the business making a profit or suffering a loss, and how much?
- How do assets stack up against liabilities?
- Where did the business get its capital, and is it making good use of the money?
- What's the cash flow from the profit or loss for the period?
- Does the business have enough capital for future growth?